Wednesday, November 22, 2023
Friday, November 17, 2023
The Cultural Council for Palm Beach County is poised to provide more funding for Palm Beach County’s arts and cultural sector over the next 12 months than it has at any single point in its 46-year history.
It is a Year of Extraordinary Support.
Our Year of Extraordinary Support, or YES!, is the culmination of years of planning and fundraising, guided by our recent sector-wide Cultural Needs Assessment. The Year of Extraordinary Support is a collection of new funding initiatives, grants, and programs for cultural organizations and creative professionals across all disciplines, supported by the Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners, Palm Beach County Tourist Development Council, the Cornelia T. Bailey Foundation, as well as other private foundations, and individual philanthropists. With a combined total of nearly $10.6 million in funding, the Year of Extraordinary Support is a bold new initiative for the Cultural Council to provide funding, support, visibility, and opportunity to the arts and cultural community.
* · Artist Innovation Fellowship - This third round will provide $7,500 grants to 10 artists across all artistic disciplines to allow artists to explore the creation of new works, conduct research, participate in retreats or workshops, study with master artists in their field, or travel to gain new insight and inspiration for new work. Applications are NOW AVAILABLE for the third round. The deadline for submission is December 22, 2023. https://www.palmbeachculture.com/artists/artist-innovation-fellows/
· Emerging Artist Prize- Five emerging artists will be paired with Artist Innovation Fellows as mentors and gain access and introductions to cultural organizations, public art professionals and galleries, as well as funding for materials or supplies. The Emerging Artist Prize will officially launch later this year.
· Arts Administrators of Color Fellowship - The Cultural Council is creating a 10-month fellowship program to amplify new and diverse voices in arts and culture, build a leadership pipeline of arts administrators and graduate students interested in careers in the arts, and provide career enhancement opportunities through a series of workshops, networking, mentoring, and other curricula. Applications will open in the fall of 2024.
For more information go to https://www.palmbeachculture.com/yes/
Tuesday, November 7, 2023
Friday, October 27, 2023
Wednesday, October 25, 2023
NMSAF Fundraiser Day -Live Art Battle
Fri. Dec. 8- 11am-4pm
No More Starving Artists Foundation (NMSAF) mission is to help artists be sustainable personally and professionally by providing opportunities and services. The 501(c)3 raises money for awards, grants, scholarship, and prizes for creatives. They also provide business development opportunities.
NMSAF Goes to South Beach is an exhibition sponsored by MUSE Modern & Contemporary Art Fair and curated by ATB Fine Art Group Inc., where 32 artists throughout the state of Florida including Palm Beach County, Dade County and even Jacksonville have the opportunity to exhibit and sell their art during Miami Art Week. The exhibition runs from November 30-December 10.
The exhibition is at Kimpton Angler’s Hotel 660 Washington Ave, Miami Beach, FL
Artists who are interested in competing in the Live Art Battle must email firstname.lastname@example.org with ART BATTLE SUBMISSION in the subject line.
In the body, please introduce yourself and give a short description about you & your work & a link to your website so your work can be surveyed.
- Once accepted there is a $75 competition fee (Non-Refundable)
- Exhibitors (Free)
- 5 artists competing (ONLY 1 SPOT LEFT)
- $500 prize
- No spray painting is allowed.
- Must be hand painted or drawn.
- A 24”x36” canvas will be provided to each artist.
- Artists will be responsible for the following.
· Paint (or charcoal or pastels)
· Paint brushes
· Water containers
· Drop cloths ( A MUST)
· Additional tools ( including fixative)
- Artists must be finished by 4pm
- Public will vote on the winning piece from 6pm –10pm
- Artist sets the price for the work to sell.
- 50/50 split between NMSAF & Artist.
- If the work does not sell by the end of the night, the work goes back to the artist.
Deadline for the submission is Sunday, November 5, 2023, 3pm
Thank you for sponsoring NMSAF Goes to South Beach
Artwork Archive just announced an Art Business Accelerator Grant! The application is open to visual artists and it is free to apply. Artwo...
The Adolph and Esther Gottlieb Emergency Grant program is intended to provide interim financial assistance to qualified painters, printmake...
We are so excited to be participating in the Great Give again. Please help us meet our goal this year. Donate Now Starts April 24...